Tohoku Gakuin University at a Glance
Main Building on Tsuchitoi Campus
- 1886 as Sendai Theological Seminary. Tohoku Gakuin University became an accredited university in 1949 and is today the largest liberal arts and engineering based private university in the Tohoku and Hokkaido area.
- Letters, Economics, Business Administration, Law, Engineering, Liberal Arts.
- Degrees conferred:
- Ph.D., D.E., M.A., M.E., B.A., B.E.
- 11,231 (11,114 Undergraduate and 117 Graduate students) as of 2019
- 309 full-time faculty (2019)
- Academic Calendar:
- Two semesters (15 weeks each)
- Student organizations:
- About 200 clubs, organizations and interest groups
- International Exchange:
- University-run study abroad programs in the United States, France, Germany, Australia, Thailand, South Korea, China, Taiwan; affiliations with universities in Canada, England, Bulgaria, and Vietnam.
- Library and Research Institutes:
- Three libraries and 13 research institutes combined house approximately 122 million volumes and periodical titles.
- Tsuchitoi Campus: 1-3-1 Tsuchitoi, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8511
Tagajo Campus: 1-13-1 Chuo, Tagajo, Miyagi 985-8537
Izumi Campus: 2-1-1 Tenjinzawa, Izumi-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 981-3193
- Web site:
- Tohoku Gakuin University International Affairs Office 1-3-1
- Tsuchitoi, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8511, Japan
- Tel: (81) 22-264-6425 (From outside Japan), 022-264-6425 (From within Japan)
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org